About Our Client And The Role:
Our client is a European based manufacturer of electrical components for machine construction and other industries with manufacturing & R&D operations based out of their Regional HQ here in Singapore. They are a market leader in the design, manufacture & sales of their own range of sensors, controllers, software and systems for industrial automation serving clients in the Packaging / Automotive / Food Production / Machine Tooling.
We are currently working with their R&D engineering team to recruit an R&D Engineer to handle New Product design of photoelectric sensors, handling a mixture of new product development & upgrade of existing product lines.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of design of optical system that includes lens, aperture & filters to meet mechanical and electrical tolerances.
A good communicator / team player you will be able to collaborate with cross functional teams on new and custom products design and development, and sustain product lifecycle including customer complaints, components obsolescence, failure analysis, etc.
* Master/Degree in Electronic/Optoelectronic Engineering or equivalent
* Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in optical design and development
* Experience on optical system design in optical design software; i.e. ZEMAX / Optical studio
* Good knowledge in photonic design for optical sensor is an advantage
* Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
* Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
* Creative, self-driven and willing to acquire new skills and grow in the position
Disclaimer: The Company complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of their age, race, religion, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities. A more detailed discussion of the TGFEP is available on the Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP) website at https://www.tal.sg/tafep.