Our client is a privately owned Freight Forwarding and Logistics company that boasts a global network of offices / partners covering nearly 200 countries across the world. They have had an established presence in SEA for over 30 years & provide flexible tailor-made global supply chain management and logistics solutions for a wide range of manufacturing, industrial, and retail customers in the Region.
As part of their regional growth strategy, we are currently working with them to recruit a GM Sales for their Cambodia business. With a background in selling Freight Forwarding (Ocean & Air) / Customs Clearance / Cross Border Trucking / Customs Clearance / Warehousing & Logistics services you will be able to develop & execute sales strategies to increase revenues & expand service offering to targeted markets.
Reporting in to the Country MD you will assume responsibility for all Sales / Business Development activities, generating revenues from existing clients & identifying potential new clients. Acting in an Individual Contributor role you'll be expected to plan the sales strategy for Cambodia, including targets, budget and establishing resources required to deliver your strategy & ensure best practice processes, (including reviewing/linking sales source, market trends, cost allocation and company's capabilities).
In addition, you'll be required to bring on board new accounts nationwide which will lead to new revenue streams & look at best ways to develop new products such as Warehousing, E-Commerce, Consolidation, Cross Border Trucking, AOG etc.
The Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
* Develop strategic sales plan for the country to optimise company's capabilities & resources, attracting new opportunities and retaining current customers and finally target for generating profit and meeting the sales budget for the company
* Create innovative initiatives plan / process to achieve revenue & margin target
* Monitor services level and ensure customers satisfaction
* Oversee contract preparation & deal negotiations, ensure compliance to company standards
* Develop and execute country sales plan in line with regional sales direction
* Set sales objectives & priorities to meet customers' needs + keep continuous growth with target markets / products
* Undertake high level business activities to maximize corporate exposure and increase brand awareness
* React to changes in business & market environment by redesigning sales plan / process / priority
* Build key contact/relationships within Company & ensure the business works together to align with Group strategy
* Coach the sales teams and fully utilize team's resources
* Identify underperforming segments and recommend solutions for improving performance / quality
* Strategic thinking and strong networking abilities
* Knowledge of global freight forwarding operations and markets
* Strong selling & presentation skills and have solid experience in working in a diverse cultural environment
* Demonstrated critical thinking, using logic and reasoning to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and risks, and identifying alternative solutions or approaches
* Good negotiation skills to close contracts with customers
* Experiences in relevant industry (network of contacts in either textile / manufacturing / agricultural / food / fertilizer industries would be an advantage)
* Commercially focused & result orientated
* Strong analytical skills and sensible to market trends
* Be innovative
What They Can Offer In Return:
* The opportunity to work with an Independent, privately owned pioneering freight forwarder, seizing that has achieved continuous growth over the last 20 years, with ~50 offices across Asia (with over 600 staff) + ~20 offices in Europe (with over 200 staff) giving the business a truly global reach.
Disclaimer: The Company complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of their age, race, religion, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities. A more detailed discussion of the TGFEP is available on the Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP) website at https://www.tal.sg/tafep