Title: Legal Advisor
Our client is one of the top leading infrastructure system & industrial system manufacturers in Japan. Their regional HQ located in Singapore is looking for a confident individual to join them as "Deputy Manager" or " Assistant Manager" in Legal division.
The legal division covers jurisdictions primarily within South East Asia and West Asia: Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Viet Nam, Philippine, Myanmar, India, Middle East and other jurisdictions as may be necessary to support business objectives. This position provides legal advisory to internal clients and business units on legal matters and issues as that may arise from time to time.
You will have the opportunity to work across borders, for the wide range of corporate legal matters such as contracts, corporate administration and compliance.
* Contracts for Activities
* respond to tenders, draft, strategize and lead the negotiation and review various types of contracts such as sales, construction, purchasing, employment and other commercial contracts with no support from the superior.
* Lead the improvement of existing standard contracts, systems and procedures, provides training and guidance to internal clients.
* Claim Management, Litigation, Dispute Resolution
* Strategically lead to manage claims, litigation claims and emerging disputes
* Compliance and Training
* Lead the training and guidance for employees on compliance and policies such as anti-bribery laws, anti-competition laws.
* Corporate Administration
* Manage the corporate secretarial matters such as annual general meeting and board meeting of the Group entities within the region.
* Alliance, M&A
* participate to and provide legal support for the acquisition, reorganisation, integration and divestment projects in the region.
* Liaise and Coordinate with External Counsel
* wherever expert assistance is required, liaise and coordinate work with external counsel or local firm to perform the missions listed above, co-ordinate the input of external counsel with the internal members of the project team.
* At least 5 years of experience in engineering/manufacturing/construction contract (draft, review, negotiate)
* Degree in Law
* Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
* Ability to carry out risk analysis
* Ability to negotiate and coordinate across multiple functions
* Pro-active and independent thinker
* Regional working experience
* Willing to travel 1-2 times per month to other countries (after Covid-19 situation improves)
Disclaimer: The Company complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of their age, race, religion, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities. A more detailed discussion of the TGFEP is available on the Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP) website at https://www.tal.sg/tafep.