Privacy Manager [Perm | MNC]
* Established MNC company with strong regional presence
* Part of Well-supported Legal team
* Company with attractive benefits
An excellent opportunity to join our client who is an industry leader in the Consumer Electronics space with strong presence globally. They are currently looking to hire a Privacy Manager to be part of the Legal & Compliance team.
You will be a part of the team responsible for establishing and maintaining an enterprise vision, strategy and program to secure company's information assets, services, and the products that depend on them, thus, building trust with customers and stakeholders, and protecting the privacy of our customers and employees.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Responsible for Privacy and Personal Information management within the Asia Pacific region, SEA including India, Korea, Taiwan, ANZ, but excluding Japan, China, and Hong Kong
* Establish, operate and maintain Global Privacy Management Policy and associated Privacy Management Framework (PMF) within the Group Companies for which they are responsible
* Implement the requirements of internal privacy policies, as well as any applicable legal or regulatory requirements, and to report on compliance to the company executives and to the Group
* Ensure revisions to internal privacy policies are effectively communicated and implemented within the Group Companies for which they are responsible, and define privacy standards and requirements through the development and deployment of local policies as necessary in coordination with the Dedicated Legal Department (DLD)
* Provide guidance on the implementation of processes and controls to reduce vulnerabilities and mitigate privacy risks
* Ensure that appropriate privacy controls are implemented and monitored to maintain compliance with internal policies and applicable legal and regulatory requirements
* Support business areas and information security stakeholders to maintain inventories of Personal Information and associated systems and repositories
* Conduct Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) on new and significantly modified products, services, devices, applications, and information repositories that process Personal Information
* Provide privacy input and direction on business projects and initiatives
* Coordinate with the DLD to ensure that projects and initiatives are compliant with internal privacy policies and applicable laws and regulations
* Establish and maintain processes to monitor and respond to events and incidents involving Personal Information
* Oversee and conduct privacy training and awareness efforts to ensure that all Group employees with access to Personal Information
* Minimum 5-8 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Privacy, Compliance, Legal, Information Security, Information Technology, which must include a minimum of 5 years demonstrable experience in privacy.
* Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field, such as information security, law or other applicable area, or equivalent experience; a law degree is valuable but not required
* Experience authoring privacy and data protection policy and conducting privacy impact assessments
* Exceptional communication and advocacy skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to express complex and technical issues as understandable language within Company, and with clients and other stakeholders
* Ability to work and communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of executives including senior government and industry stakeholders
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Candidates who have worked in MNC Corporate setting would be an advantage.
This role offers regional exposure and hands-on opportunity in aspects of Privacy matters. It is an independent role and reporting to the General Manager.
Location: Jurong with accessibility by MRT and Buses
Working hours: Mon-Fri: 9am to 6pm
Benefits: Permanent employees will be entitled to attractive benefits including bonuses.
Interested applicants, please send your resume (in Word format) including these details: Current package and Expected salary, Key Achievements and Reasons for Leaving.
All shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: The Company complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of their age, race, religion, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities. A more detailed discussion of the TGFEP is available on the Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP) website at https://www.tal.sg/tafep