Our client is an established global enterprise technology firm with rich history and solid presence, and they are expanding in Asia. In the region, they are a leading provider of information, software and services for professionals with their award-winning solutions to address compliance and regulatory challenges at all levels of an organization. They provide broad range of services and software solutions to help banks, credit unions, brokerage funds, mutual funds, hedge funds, leasing, and insurance companies meet their complex and ever-changing compliance, and regulatory obligations. They are serving more than 15,000 financial services organizations worldwide. More than 400 in-house experts - former regulators and compliance officers, risk analysts, lawyers, and financial industry specialists - embed their knowledge and expertise in every service or solution so that financial organizations can be confident they are managing their organization's Finance, Risk and Regulation needs effectively.
This role will report to an Associate Director. You are to be part of a regional consulting team of 85 strong people, working in a matrix organization. They are looking to hire an experienced Business Consultant (Functional Consultant) to drive their world's leading solution in GRC (Governance, Risk & Compliance). It is focused on legal entity compliance, legal operations management, banking product compliance, and banking regulatory compliance. This role requires drive, team orientation, resilience and a flexible but well-organized work style.
This role is based in Singapore. This role is part of the Professional Services unit, aimed to deliver quality and cost-effective professional services in implementing the organisation's Finance/IAS/IFRS solutions at customer sites.
Key Areas of Responsibility
We invite an experienced business consultant / functional consultant professional. And to be successful in this role, you are required to successfully implement the required solutions throughout Asia Pacific. Your responsibility will be as follow but not limited to:
* Be part of the team to help with Support System Integration Testing (issue analysis and resolution), regression testing, and User Acceptance Testing - UAT (issue analysis and resolution)
* Provide expert insights on risk management processes, computations, and interpretations, as well as collaborating with other subject matter experts to provide on the matter
* Perform within Project Management framework, including but not limited to monitor and track project milestones and deliverables; identify and manage issues and action items; create and maintain project status reports for project leads for incorporation into larger project status reports; proactively identify and mitigate potential project risks; and escalate issues where appropriate
* Be part of the team to conduct project initiation workshops
* Identify the required data sourcing and data requirements
* Manage and perform data gap analyses and interface mapping
* Familiar in producing documentation such as business requirement documents/functional specification documents
* Perform and conduct functional training on our solutions and product knowledge
* Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design testing plans
* Collaborate and relate efficiently with client to ensure positive client engagement
* You must come with more than 8 years' experience in the Banking or financial services area, with knowledge of banking products and accounting
* Relevant experience in IT project implementation in the Banking sector
* Experience in end-to-end implementation on ALM, FTP, Basel, Market Risk, Credit Risk, IFRS9, General Ledger etc. as a business consultant
* A plus should you are a Financial or Risk Management certified professional
* Familiar with bank risk management & accounting processes, general ledger, and bank reporting
* Familiar with market leading reporting tool (SQL, SSIS, SSRS etc.)
* Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills, additional Asian language beyond English is a plus
* High integrity, accountable, and familiar in doing client management plus engagement skills by being responsible, methodical, and organised
* Be part of a diverse team throughout Asia, and to work in a cross-cultural environment
* When border is open and business travel is deemed safe, travel across APAC region is required
* Ability to grow professionally within the business
* Working for a company with a multinational and matrix working environment
* Being part of a tech company that makes significant positive difference for the society and the market
Disclaimer: The Company complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of their age, race, religion, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities. A more detailed discussion of the TGFEP is available on the Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP) website at https://www.tal.sg/tafep.