Our client provides power and automation technologies for smart grids, robotics, electric cars, renewable energy, and motors. They are actively looking to hire a Site Manager to join their team in Singapore.
* Responsible for coordinating all on-site activities to ensure the successful execution of start-up, construction, erection, testing, and commissioning activities in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, and other requirements from receiving the assigned site area from the client or project manager to handing it over to the end client on completion day
* To schedule and necessary precautions
* Building and maintaining strong connections with clients as well as other local institutions including authorities, banks, and suppliers to assure their active support of field activities is serving as a project representative
* Ensuring that each work package has a detailed and current construction health and safety (H&S) plan in place that complies with company's H&S plan
* Actively promotes health and safety considerations to project partners throughout the project and sees to it that all on-site personnel are appropriately trained in the organization's health, safety, and environmental policy
* Coordinating on-site storage and shipment logistics to ensure prompt site delivery of equipment and material; ensuring proper handling, storage, and installation of Company's provided equipment
* Monitoring company's hired subcontractors on the job site to ensure the required standards are met and the requisite quality and progress is made
* Managing project costs involves tracking actual spending vs budget predictions and estimating total costs for the project's site work. manages the petty cash and has been given permission to make local purchases within predetermined boundaries ensuring that the document handling system is kept up with, the most recent versions are used for the building work on site, and that all documentation is edited and updated as needed
* Ensuring that the area of responsibility is properly staffed, structured, skilled, and directed (with HR support)
* Direct and indirect reports should be guided, inspired, and developed in accordance with HR regulations
* To arrange for local lodging, site amenities, office supplies, petty cash, etc.
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering from an accredited institution
* Minimum 10 years of experience of site management for large projects. Local Singapore Site Management Experience is preferred
* Experience in installation of Transformers, MV/LV Switchgears, GCB, MV/LV Drives, Bus ducts, Cables, and cable trays, automation system are required
* Experience in coordination with Singapore local authority like PSO/EMA/SPPG
* Experience of complying with Singapore safety guidelines and SCDF standards
* Experience of preparing and controlling Construction and testing & commissioning schedule
* Conducting the QA &QC of Construction, Testing & Commissioning and SATs and strong focus on site safety aspects, attending safety meetings as per site requirement
* Good knowledge of MS Office, MS Project and if the candidate has an experience using Primavera software is an added advantage
Disclaimer: The Company complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of their age, race, religion, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities. A more detailed discussion of the TGFEP is available on the Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP) website at https://www.tal.sg/tafep.