Our client believes in promoting the use of green energy to the global environment. Their mission is to work towards sustainability and contribute to the clean energy ecosystem and improve living conditions for mankind. They are actively looking to hire a Firmware Principal Engineer to join their mission.
* Responsible and initiative for defining firmware architectural design & development of green portable power products such as UPS, power supply, battery management system, power tools, Energy storage system
* Window person responsible from ground up total firmware solution including application, boot loader to contribute to company next generation high value products
* Able to lead customer/vendor/partner meetings to deal with daily issues to realize product goals
* Develop firmware design/test documentation for UL certification such as UL1973, IEC60730
* Able to contribute to new project proposals, draft product specification and work with hardware team members to ensure project issues are addressed promptly and diligently
* Responsible to lead firmware team and provide leadership and mentorship to firmware engineers
* Bachelor or Master's Degree in Computer/Computer Science Engineering with at least 10 years in firmware design and development of which a minimum of 5 years must be leadership experience managing and leading software team
* Track records of past projects using 8 to 32 bits ARM microcontroller boot process with Linux and/or Real Time Operating System
* Required to have deep hands-on experience in C/Embedded C programming and familiar with communication protocols such as i2C, CanBus, Modbus, PMBus
* Other experience includes using Maxim / Microchip chipset IDE platforms, know-how in Li-ion batteries, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, CSharp, or other scripting language such as PHP will be added advantage
* Experience in using hardware tools such as oscilloscope, logic analyzer for troubleshooting and testing
* Candidate is required to support IT related work such as maintaining backup server, SVN, etc.
Disclaimer: The Company complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of their age, race, religion, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities. A more detailed discussion of the TGFEP is available on the Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP) website at https://www.tal.sg/tafep.