Our client is one of the leading Bank in Japan. They are actively looking to hire a Compliance Senior Office/ Assistant Manager to join their team in Singapore.
* He/she must ensure compliance of the branch's operations
* He/she will directly report to the Manager of the branch
* Perform KYC works and AML checks
* Maintain good relationship with the local authorities (mainly MAS) and the audit firms with manager, obtain information on latest regulations, and share with related people in the organization
* Draft policies and procedures manuals for relevant areas
* Prepare reports for the local authorities and the headquarters
* Regularly monitor the branch operations and make sure they comply with the rules, and if not propose improvement proposals
* Conduct compliance training for branch staffs
* Handle legal matters, consult with legal counsel where necessary
* Relevant working experience in Financial Industry/Banking Industry for at least 3 years is preferred
* Work experience in Compliance Department over 2 years
* Work experience in small organization (20-30 staffs) is advantageous
* Good communication skills, strong learning ability and multitasking skill
* Given the nature of the job, he/she can speak English and Chinese to be able to liaise effectively with native Mandarin-speaking stakeholders, it is a plus if the candidate can speak Japanese to be able to communicate with native Japanese-speaking clients
Disclaimer: The Company complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of their age, race, religion, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities. A more detailed discussion of the TGFEP is available on the Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP) website at https://www.tal.sg/tafep.