Our client is a European multinational holding specializing in luxury goods, headquartered in Paris. They are actively looking to hire a Senior Data Analyst/Data Engineer to join their team in Singapore.
About the Role:
He/She will be responsible for enhancing data connectedness, modernizing data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross-functional teams. He or she will also support their digital solution architect, BI/data analysts, and business users on data and analytics initiatives, and will be accountable for agile data delivery.
This is a new role in the Information Systems & Technology team who is responsible for establishing information as a corporate asset and driving the adoption of data-driven decision making throughout the company.
* Champion data quality, integrity, and reliability by defining and promoting best practices
* Design, develop, optimize, and maintain data architecture and pipelines that adhere to ETL principles and business goals
* Coordinate with internal upstream system owners to streamline inter-dependencies around data capture and injection
* Productize an API solution to support Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) to allow data access and interpretation from internal/external sources
* Solve complex data and analytical problems to deliver actionable insights that help the business to achieve their goals
* Create data and analytical products to improve integrated business planning
* Advise users on data and analytical standards, guidelines, procedures and practices to expedite workflow and ultimately improve operational efficiencies
* Develop and deliver communication and education plans on analytic data engineering capabilities, standards, and processes
* 5-7 years relevant experience, MNC Retail working experience preferred
* Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
* Experience with database schema design and dimensional data modelling
* Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
* Proven track record in using programming languages such as Python, Java, Kafka
* Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
* Strong analytical skills related to working with unstructured datasets
* Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management
* Experience testing data products leveraging emerging DevOps technologies
* Hands-on experience with Azure/GCP; ability to recommend Azure/GCP capabilities to address business demand and to build new business capabilities
* Strong knowledge around Azure/GCP data flow/pipeline and pipeline orchestration (ADF), Databricks, Dataiku, Big Query, and Power BI or any other BI visualization tools
* Process oriented with good documentation skills
* Experience with or knowledge of agile software development methodologies
* Excellent oral and written communication skills in English with a keen sense of customer service
Disclaimer: The Company complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of their age, race, religion, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities. A more detailed discussion of the TGFEP is available on the Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP) website at https://www.tal.sg/tafep.