Our client works with retailers to design commercial and retail spaces. They are actively looking to hire a Business Development Manager to join their team in Singapore.
As a Business Development Manager, you will take an instrumental role in the growth of the company in Asia. The role demands you be well versed in the art of managing and being able to create new commercially viable opportunities and with the support of the wider team, convert these in into commercially viable business.
The key activities and outcomes are:
* Work with the Commercial Director to refine the targeted market segments, clients and establish clear targets for new business
* Develop a clear strategy for each segment/client
* Ensure the Company's commercial objectives match and support the new business opportunities
* Provide regular updates on new business activity and strategy
* Work with other parts of the Company's business, both within Asia and Globally If appropriate) to present the Company's offer that will ensure success of securing the new business opportunities
* Have a clear understanding of the needs of the new business opportunity and present a clear brief back to the business
* Provide complete clarity around the opportunity, so all parts of the business understand the task, budget and expectation
* Converted business will be transferred in a professional and timely manner to a Key Account Manager
* Bachelor's Degree or above
* A senior and highly professional new business developer, with a minimum 10 years related industry experience with leading international brands and retailers
* Minimum 5 years of related experience within the retail fixtures industry
* Excellent English communication and presentation skills (spoken and written). Ability to speak in Chinese desirable but not essential to be able to liaise effectively with native Mandarin-speaking clients
* Proven new business development skills within the retail fixtures industry
* Experience in research that supports new business development
* Team player, strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated and willing to travel throughout the region
Disclaimer: The Company complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of their age, race, religion, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities. A more detailed discussion of the TGFEP is available on the Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP) website at https://www.tal.sg/tafep.