Our client provides reinsurance broking services to the wholesale market. They are actively looking to hire a Broker to join their team in Singapore.
* To complement their existing broking team by hiring a broker, predominantly responsible for developing, servicing, and growing Casualty and Financial Lines Japanese reinsurance business
* To report directly to the Chief Executive Officer, this role is based in Singapore and will be part of a profitable business serving the needs of its mainly Japanese (and some international) clients. The primary focus of this role is developing business, generating revenue, placement of reinsurance and client advocacy assisting in servicing Japanese clients in Asia, providing them with quality advice and reinsurance solutions aimed at optimising their reinsurance portfolio
* The candidate will need to competently handle requests and/or queries from clients and reinsurers alike and is also expected to develop and maintain good working relationships with various reinsurers. Candidates would ideally have an existing network of business and will be assured the full backing of an international reinsurance broker in the industry
* The candidate must have native level Japanese communication skills. The position will require the candidate to travel to Japan and other SEA countries to maintain business relationships with existing and target Japanese clients/partners
* A degree, with relevant Insurance qualifications are required
* Minimum 5 years of Japanese general insurance/reinsurance industry experience
* Financial Lines and/ or Casualty Lines of business experience preferred
* Understands the Japanese insurance market and culture
Disclaimer: The Company complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of their age, race, religion, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities. A more detailed discussion of the TGFEP is available on the Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP) website at https://www.tal.sg/tafep.