Our client is a global company that specializes in manufacturing and providing sensors and control systems for industrial automation applications. They offer a wide range of products designed to monitor and control various processes in industries such as manufacturing, robotics, automotive, food and beverage, and more.
As an Optical Design Engineer your responsibility will be to design and develop of photoelectric sensors and implement detailed optical test plans.
* To engage in the design and development of photoelectric sensors
* Utilize optical design software to create optical systems, incorporating components like lenses, apertures, and filters, ensuring they align with specified sensor requirements while considering mechanical and electrical tolerances
* Develop detailed optical test plans, conduct verifications, and implement corrective actions
* Collaborate with Electronic Engineers to determine light source specifications and work with Mechanical Engineers on designing mechanical components
* Work closely with cross-functional teams throughout the entire product lifecycle, including the development of new and custom products, addressing customer complaints, managing component obsolescence, conducting failure analyses, etc.
* Coordinate with the Headquarters for technical support and the transfer of technology
* Master's degree holder or a Bachelor's Degree in either Electronic/Optoelectronic Engineering or a related field
* Possess a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in optical design and development
* Demonstrated experience in optical system design using optical design software such as ZEMAX/Optical Studio
* Familiarity with photonic design for optical sensors is advantageous
* Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
* Display creativity, self-motivation, and a willingness to acquire new skills and advance within the role
Disclaimer: The Company complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of their age, race, religion, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities. A more detailed discussion of the TGFEP is available on the Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP) website at https://www.tal.sg/tafep
JO Reference: JO-240209-344809