Working as part of a dynamic and multi-disciplinary team, the Trading Assistant provides support to the traders in managing trades of employers trading platform. This role will also support and work closely with the Region Trader(s) in Asia region in all aspects for daily activity. Travel within the region will be required at times.
* Liaise with other offices/traders in the region
* Keep regular contact with other market participants in the region
* Keep on top of and report trade flows
* Maintain production and surplus / deficit database
Vessel Execution Management
* Vessel stowage planning
* Manage position swaps
* Manage inter office contract flows
* Supporting execution department to ensure seamless information flow with traders
* Purchase (sourcing) and Sale (marketing)
* Position and PnL management
* Monitor contract performance of counterparties
* Manage market/price risk exposure
* The role is commercially orientated and requires a strong knowledge of economic concepts with a particular focus on supply and demand analysis
* Recognized degree from a reputable university
* 0-2 years of relevant experience is required
* Advance Knowledge in the development and use of Excel spreadsheets is required.
* Experience in the palm sector and/or other commodity markets would be an advantage but not essential
Disclaimer: The Company complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of their age, race, religion, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities. A more detailed discussion of the TGFEP is available on the Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP) website at https://www.tal.sg/tafep.