Our client is one of the glowing MNC in import/export of chemical products and related investments.
They are looking for Finance Officer with L/C experience to support their business/trading team to expand their business in Singapore.
* Process export/collection bills to banks for negotiation/presentation and import bills and its settlements
* Follow up on acceptance, discrepancies, payments and any disputes of said bills
* Liaising with banks for rates on L/C confirmations and discounting
* Perform month-end bank reconciliations
* Process accounting data entries into accounting system
* Process daily outgoing remittances in the accounting system and bank's cash management system
* Attending to queries from banks & trading departments
* Entering payments in internet banking system & posting of accounting journal voucher
* Reconciliations of balance sheet items
* Daily incoming mail handling
* Assist in any ad hoc tasks when required
* Possess a GCE 'O' Level/Diploma in Accounting and/or Banking & Finance with minimum 1 year of experience in handling export L/C documentations
* Knowledge in accounting & bank reconciliations will be advantageous
* Preferably with experience in banking documentation and procedures involving import/export L/C, collection bills and banker's guarantee
* Hands-on knowledge of letter of credits and INCOTERMS. Any knowledge of the latest UCP and ISBP will be advantageous
* Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Good team player and able to work independently
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Disclaimer: The Company complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of their age, race, religion, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities. A more detailed discussion of the TGFEP is available on the Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP) website at https://www.tal.sg/tafep.